The next few weeks will bring some interesting technology events to the Ann Arbor area.
This Saturday (January 29), there is a CodeRetreat at SRT’s offices. The concept is that we can all become better programmers by practicing. CodeRetreat is language-agnostic, so show up with your computer and language of choice. CodeRetreat is FREE.
To learn more about CodeRetreat, go to:
On February 15-17, Ann Arbor SPARK (330 E. Liberty, Lower Level) is hosting James Ward, Adobe Flex evangelist. James will be leading a Flex Jam, which is designed to bring together developers, from beginning to advanced level, to learn about Flex development. Attendees work at their own pace, with James as a guide and mentor. Exercises will be available for those who do not have a project in mind. You can register for the Flex Jam at http://www.srtsolutions.com/flex-training. The registration cost includes a continental breakfast and a boxed lunch.
Our friends over at Pure Visibility are offering Google Analytics Drivers Ed Training Course, on Friday, February 18.
And, of course, there will be a plethora of user group meetings coming up.
- a2div, Thursday, January 27: CoffeScript programming language with Brandon Dimcheff, 7 pm at SRT Solutions (see below)
- Ann Arbor Computer Society, Wednesday, February 2: Real-time Programming with RTX, 6 pm at SRT Solutions
- Michigan Python User Group, Thursday, February 3: Topic TBD, 7 pm at SRT Solutions
- Ann Arbor .NET Development Group, Wednesday February 9: Topic TBD, 6 pm at SRT Solutions
- Michigan CocoaHeads, Thursday February 10: Topic TBD, 7 pm, at SRT Solutions
- Detroit Java User Group, Tuesday, February 15: Building Cross-Device Apps with Flex and Spring by James Ward from Adobe at Compuware, 1 Campus Martius, Detroit MI 48226
- Michigan Silverlight Developers and Designers Group, Thursday, February 17: Don Burnett, 6:30 pm at SRT Solutions
SRT Solutions is at 206 S. Fifth Ave., Suite 200.