Web App Limits: Real World Experiences
A group convened a session to talk about web applications, and where they break down with real world experience. The limitations were noted as:
2. May experience CSS challenges with GWT
3. Limited browser support for multi-media and vector graphics (resulting from lawsuits between Apple and Microsoft?)
4. Drag and Drop onto a scrollable pane generated some headaches for those who had used GWT
The recommendations and observations included:
2. Flex can talk to AJAX apps
3. Controls in Flex are builg using vector bitmaps.
4. WPF and Flash allow designer to build whatever they want and the programmer can use it
5. Can encrypt Flex and send over SSL.
6. Can unitttest classes using Flex
Google Web Toolkit Designer
A great tool for building apps using GWT